Monday 13 October 2008

Thoughts on Blog Choices

I have been following various Blogs for a while, first using 'Blog Navigator', now with RSSOwl. I have setup a test blog for Censorship & Freedom of Information issues (email me if you wish 'guest permission') which should be taken over by another organisation soon, but this is my first public blog.

I decided to concentrate on my interests - copyright, etc & librarianship in General - as can be seen from the Blog Rolls; I have yet to add Websites (no RSS) to my 'Lists' - to come. I also decided that the 3 column layout was not suitable, so changed the template to 4 column; plus I prefer tags in a list rather than cloud for the moment. If things go well, will move over to my own websites with WordPress.

One of the difficult decisions in both the test blog & this was regarding permissions - who can read, post or comment, & related issues of moderation.

I have set up a Delicious account - new to me so will see how it goes...

No comments: